Monday, October 12, 2015

Three Months!!

Autumn Olivia is three months old this week!

I thought I'd write a more comprehensive update like I used to do for the boys...

Her Schedule: Morning starts at about 7am each with a nice warm, slightly vanilla milk shake. Then she lays on the bed and talks to one of her brothers while I pump a bit more milk for storage. If she's feeling spunky, she'll sit out in the kitchen with us while we start breakfast, then she'll take a nap until around 10am, when she eats again. After that she'll do something like play in her bouncy chair, talk with Daddy, play on her floor gym, etc. As soon as it cools off a bit, I'd love to take her on walks more often, but it's still too hot. Then there's a nap and another feeding, then repeat. In the evening she eats a little more often and will usually get a bath. Then "bedtime" is around 7:15p, and then she'll eat again at 8:30, 10:30p and around 3:30am. There's a lot of eating and sleeping.  

New Activities/Milestones: she is laughing now, full giggles, it's just fantastic and is often the reason I get very little accomplished throughout the day. She has started to stare at things and study them, especially faces. I think her vision is improving vastly with each passing day. Facetime is a fun new concept for her. She stares at her own face in the little window... so intently her eyes water. She's figured out that kicking while in the bouncy seat makes her bounce. 

I took this photo and was immediately reminded of a photo from the past... so I hunted it down...
Autumn, three months.
Aaron, three months.
Fun Times: talking to her brothers still brings her serious entertainment. Aaron can get her pretty worked up, talking and yelling. She loves baths and has recently had to upgrade from the counter top to the actual bath tub because the splashing was out of control. She likes to pollute her bath water too. Gross.

She seems to greatly enjoy the baby carrier. Every time I've put her in there, she gets warm and comfortable and falls asleep. Sucking, she loves sucking... anything that is within reach. We think the teething process is already in full swing. Eating. Sleeping. Especially sleeping on Mama or Daddy's chest, though it doesn't happen as much as it used to. She likes to lay on our bed and stare out the window into the backyard. The zebra on her bouncy seat is her favorite.

There's nothing like a nice milk coma.

Dislikes: When anyone raises their voice in her presence, she cries. Luckily that's only happened about twice. Daddy makes a few weird voices and noises that she doesn't care for. She doesn't like being high up or upside down, it's still too scary. When the car comes to rest at a red light she expresses her displeasure and it's Aaron's job to calm her down. If you see a white Sequoia braking strangely like bad hydraulics... that's us. Stuffy noses are for the birds... she's getting her first taste of central Texas allergies and it has not been fun for anyone. Apparently breathing out of your mouth is not an innate skill, especially while breast feeding. When someone blows on her belly, maybe it will be fun one day but we're not there yet. She also has issues when Daddy or Grandpa kisses her with spiky stubble. 

Running late on meals causes the bottom lip to pop out. In fact the bottom lip pops out for lots of reasons these days. She can go from giggling to bottom lip and light tears in a matter of seconds. She is a very complex woman with complex emotions.  

Friday night after her bath I started being goofy with her and out of the blue she let out some real giggles. I quickly set up the phone camera to try to record it to show Alan. It was great. I hope to replicate it on a regular basis. There is nothing better than a baby giggle....


Things are starting to get pretty fun around these parts. Autumn is a healthy, happy, big baby girl. Each day new things come up that make her giggle and catch her attention. There's new sounds each day too, which are so much fun. We love everything about our sweet baby Autumn. I sit here and watch our three beautiful children and thank God for the amazing blessings He's given us and try not to get bogged down in the details but cherish these days. I can remember when the boys were this young... and they look like little men now. 

Here's one last picture of our big bundle of Autumn joy...

No comments: