Monday, August 17, 2015

Surprise Visitor!

Instead of flooding your Facebook feed with Autumn photos, we've got them all here... so at least you voluntarily chose to read the blog. I've got absolutely nothing against loads of pictures of our kiddos - and the spare hard drives to prove it - but just in case you don't feel the same, I restrict our activity to the blog. Of course, if you're reading this you probably don't mind - so what's the use.

Onward... She smiles now! Aaron is actually the one who can make her smile the quickest and most right now, followed closely by her Daddy and the contrasty print of my breastfeeding pillow. She weighed in at 13 pounds today (5 weeks and 4 days old). I had to get used to bathing a little being with fat rolls... our boys were both big but they had straight girth, where Autumn has girth and fat rolls. It's amazing what you can find in there. 
Smiles! (8.10.15)
One of Aaron and Adam's favorite things to do while playing outside is collect all of the "stuff" in the backyard and make things out of it. Usually it's a space ship, a complicated shelter, or vehicle of some sort. This beautiful creation was inspired by their recent viewing of the original Star Wars. It's a star destroyer. Squint and cock your head and you might be able to see it. Or not.
We often call Aspen our "junk yard dog" because of her tendency to scour the yard in search of small man made objects, chew on them a little, and pile them on the patio. So, we've got our junk yard kids and their junk yard dog.
August in Texas... (don't worry, the outdoor humidity meter no longer works).
8.10.15- She's started "talking." The noise that is not crying, and has more tone to it.
I bought this 3 month onesie (before she was born) in hopes she could show her brother's love for a while.... I'm thinking it will be too small by next week.
We got out the "jungle gym" on Wednesday (8.12.15). She was pretty excited about it and is almost to the point of being able to roll her head back and forth to look around.
Rest assured that big brother Aaron was close by.
We love this little tub.
I saw this on Facebook and started laughing hysterically. So true.
She was sleeping on my chest and I needed to wee, so I tumped her over on the bed and she was frozen in this position for a while.
Grinning at Aaron.
Our sweet family friend Regina, who lives in Tyler, called to tell me she would be in town for a few days and wanted to stop by. It was such a great surprise - and on the second day in a row that Alan was on shift, so I welcomed the distraction too. We last saw Regina at the end of December, when we traveled to Fort Worth to attend her son's wedding. She usually doesn't get to meet my babies until they're much older - so this was quite a treat. Regina lived next to my family in our first house in Houston, that probably makes her my oldest family friend (well, the one I've known the longest). Her and my mother have stayed in touch over the years and she's always been like an Aunt to me. It was fun to show her my little brood and she admitted it is a bit weird to see me (still just a kid to her) running a house with three kids.

She came bearing gifts of Legos - so even though the boys already liked her, they were best friends now.
Autumn liked her too. I think it was the hair :)

I trying to snap a photo of her without her triple chin - so you can actually see what she looks like right now.

No comments: