Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The rest of August...

I've once again found myself in familiar territory...a few weeks behind. In an effort to keep from riding this downward spiral, I've lumped the remainder of August into one post. There's a lot going on and quite frankly when faced with the decision to take a nap or post on the blog, well there's no contest. But today, I'm feeling good because despite her daytime drama, our baby girl slept 5 1/2 hours in a row last night and I'm hopeful that the beginning of the next chapter is right around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "wishing away" any of this blessed experience - except the crazy nighttime part.

I've tried to take photos on the changing table to document our babies. I remembered to start with Autumn so I thought I'd share - each one of these is at 5 weeks...
Aaron Joseph (before the changing table)
Adam Christopher
Autumn Olivia
One of these day's I'll catch a smile. In the meantime, you'll have to settle for "I'm going to eat your arm!"
What happens when they're outside too long.
Her smile!
Wearing a chain and helping Daddy.
Wearing matching Star Wars boxer briefs. Like a boss.
Stuck in a chair rocking an angel. It's a rough job, but someone has to do it.
We finally convinced Aunt Jenny to come back to the circus for another visit. This time she got some cuddles... 
And Braelynn got a little closer... 
And the boys seamlessly integrated their cousin into their play. This time it was with the large pop up shower enclosure in the middle of the living room. It is amazing how well Braelynn plays with them and deals with their particular brand of crazy. 

"Look, she likes our rats too!"
Drama.
Happy baby girl.
On August 24-25 Adam got to go to PINS with Daddy - all by himself. Aaron went in the spring, so it was his turn. Aaron stayed behind to look after the women folk.  
Typical Adam... pose with a shark while eating a sandwich.
Showing off his catch. He's quite taken with fishing.
Camp.
One of her (and my) favorite things right now... she leans her head back and stares at me, giving googly eyes and cooing.
She was so tired after eating and I couldn't risk moving her too far, so I just flopped her on the bed.
She was pretty happy there for a while.
So sweet.
She likes the little lady who lives in the mirror.
This is for all of you nay-sayers who never thought my daughter would leave the house with any sort of adornment. Surprisingly, she seemed unaffected by it.
Biggest brother lovin'.
And chats.
I've been trying to video document her latest "talking." It comes and goes and to an outsider may just sound like yelling, but there's a clear difference between her grumping and "talking." She seems to get extra worked up when Daddy chats with her... (okay, it's not "allowing" me to upload a video right now, but I'll try back later).

No comments: