On one hand it is difficult to believe that it has already been a month since Autumn was born. On the other hand, I've felt every minute, especially the night time ones. The first month is hard, if anyone tells you different, they're lying. The adjustment, the hormones, finding balance, healing, etc. Any one of those things on its own would be enough to do in a relatively stable mom/wife/woman. But then I lay down next to her and watch her study my face and slip one of her new giant smiles and everything is worth it, at least for a few minutes. Thankfully, she smiles a lot these days :)
 |
| (8.1.15 - 3wks) |
 |
| Her vision is now sharp enough to focus on the animals. |
 |
| I came in on 8.1.15 (3wks) and found her like this... which means she rolled over. Our three week old baby rolled over and I think it scared her (and me!). Thankfully it hasn't happened again. |
 |
| The start of a grin. She gets shy with the camera so we are having a hard time catching a smile. (just about 4 wks). |
 |
| I knew Aaron was still awake in his bed reading one night so I called him in to talk with her while I did a few things. I'm still learning how to balance on days that Alan is on shift. Aaron is quite the helper. |
Autumn got to participate in one of my favorite hobbies - watching Alan work on cars...she wasn't too impressed. Anytime she goes outside in the heat she instantly goes to sleep. Nothing like a sweaty nap.
 |
| Little tree frog. |
 |
| If you look closely you will see the developing stages of 'tude. |
 |
| Speaking of 'tude. Our newly minted middle-child has upped his game in the attitude department. He's still working on balance as well :) As a fellow middle-child, I'm not sure that's something that ever gets figured out. |
 |
| Feeling saucy one night as we were sending photos to Daddy at work. |
And these are from today... her one month "birthday." I like taking pictures of her in her bassinet. Sleeping angel...
 |
| Look, her legs are crossed. |
And she got a bath... she enjoys baths now, they actually serve to calm her down if she's worked up. As long as I keep her warm, she is fully relaxed and appreciates the servicing.



At one month, she eats 8-10 times a day and currently weighs 12 pounds and 1 ounce. She has started smiling a lot. She makes all manner of grunting, goat, giggle, squeak, and squeal noises. She turns purple when she's angry - which by the way she can do in a matter of seconds, with no notice. She's got a bit of a temper and likes to be fed immediately after being woken up. Her days and nights are still a little confused. Her favorite song is "When I get my Hands on You" - off the New Basement Tapes album, sung by Marcus Mumford. She likes to go outside as long as you stay out of the sun - she throws herself backward in the bright light and considers harry carry. She loves to look at faces, especially her brothers, though Adam has a hard time sitting still and talking to a little being who doesn't talk back. She likes her Daddy's voice and her Mama's boobie juice and has but four priorities in the following order... 1.eating, 2.cuddling, 3.pooping, 4.sleeping. She's an angel, the third child I never knew we needed, she's the final piece of our family pie, making everything just about perfect.

Today is our first 48 hours without Daddy. It's a two-servings of homemade ice cream- kind of day. Don't worry, they're small bowls. The last couple of nights have been a "party" with Autumn, so I'm hoping she cuts me some slack tonight. Duty calls...
1 comment:
Love this post! Your details describing the "new normal" are perfect with just a smidgen of sarcasm:) Your kiddos have an awesome Momma who takes the time to remember the big and little moments.
Post a Comment