Padre Island National Seashore is a sixty-five mile stretch of undeveloped, uninhabited, and federally protected beach just south of Mustang Island and Port Aransas. It feels like you are driving off into no man's land, because you are. There is about five miles of 2wd beach and beyond that is 4wd only, packing everything you might need... food, shelter, and water. It is the place to go for fishing from the beach.
Alan had been down there a few times and thought they boys would enjoy it, so I reluctantly agreed to try it out. I'll be the first to admit that beaches are not high on my list of places I'd like to go. From what I've seen, Hawaii is an exception. I knew the boys would love it, and they did. Endless amounts of sand and water, very few rules, get as dirty as you want (see video below). They got to eat, play, and sleep - all on the beach. They got to shower on top of a five-gallon bucket while daddy holds the nozzle and mama scrubs the sand from every part of their little bodies. Help daddy catch fish, play with mullet and crabs and poke jellyfish. It is a little boy (and big boy) heaven.
| Aaron and the first of many Redfish. |
| Daddy and his assistants. |
![]() |
| They understood each other. |
| Wave-jumping happy dance. |
![]() |
| I could watch him fish all day... and I did :) |
![]() |
| Keeping a keen eye on the mullet. |
![]() |
| The dunes create the perfect playground. |
![]() |
| Don't judge me. This is one of the more tasteful black-mail photos in our collection :) |
![]() |
| Our camp area. |
Here's a video summary of our short trip to PINS....















No comments:
Post a Comment