Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Monument Breakfast for Mother's Day

Our Mother's Day celebration took the form of a breakfast outing to Monument Cafe, one of our favorite Georgetown restaurants. The boys all ate several huge servings of waffles and pancakes and Aaron particularly enjoyed the pepper-crusted bacon, which if dipped in syrup is not as spicy...
What? Three cups of syrup, is that excessive?
Playing in the herb garden outside...
Then we stopped at Rivery Park and let the boys play a bit and took a walk down one of the trails...
I just think this photo is funny. They ran across the trail, positioned themselves and then requested a photo.
I am so grateful to have been given the job as their Mama. It is fun, exhausting, educational, loud, joy-filled, surreal, and yet entirely natural. I love watching them grow, their minds work, their differences, and even though they may not admit it, how they can't live without each other. They are mini-Alans (especially Adam) and watching them with their Daddy is a little slice of heaven that I thank God for as often as I can.

No comments: