My Poppy Fest companions...
Watching the start of the Red Poppy Parade...
Escorts and the main sponsor...
The Georgetown High School Georgettes...
Not to be confused with the Sun City Georgettes...
Sadly, this was as close to a real fire engine that we saw. Though it is a snazzy idea for a parade float, what is a parade without fire trucks?
No, your eyes are not deceiving you, these spirited Sun City dwellers are dancing with plungers...
Not sure what Williamson County needs one of these for, but it looks cool in a parade...
Classic cars, along with the firetrucks and the marching bands, they are any parade staple...
Maybe one day I'll understand what is going on here... until then it was a fancy float with three grown men sporting pig noses and a giant smiling pig wearing pearls and a wreath hat of some sort. Elgin, Texas... I've heard that place could be a little "off."
Tormented pooches wearing big poppy collars.
I think I'm well on my way to creating another parade-lover.
This video is long, but it includes short clips of the best parts, and some of the boys' reactions...Then we made our way to the square to check out the festival... which included a car show, a kids area, lots of shop booths, food, concerts...etc.
The older buildings in the square were a picturesque back drop for the classic cars.
Somewhere I have to find the photos of my as a child posing next to cars at shows I'd gone to with my dad and brother. Aaron likes to learn about the cars and ask all sorts of questions and relate them to some story, toy, or character in his Cars movies.
It was quite hectic moving in and out of the car show area so, this was the best we could do at an attempt to document all three of us...
There was a band warming up on the main concert stage...



No comments:
Post a Comment