| My supervisor never lets me out of his sight. |
| Moving = messes. |
| Hayley bathed and ready for transport. |
| Aaron watching from his perch. The nice thing about having so much time to process the "move," was that he didn't seem bothered or concerned at all. Everything is an adventure when you are young. |
So, we loaded up the enclosed trailer...
..scurried around the morning of the 26th, and managed to get out of the house by 10:30am or so. I was so busy getting the boys together and ensuring that we had what we would need for the next few days that it didn't really hit me that we were leaving our "home."
For just shy of seven years, our little house on Doeskin has been "home." It was where we came back to from our honeymoon, where we brought our babies home, the place we painted, repaired, played in, and ran around. It was only in the last few minutes of us being there that I found myself getting sentimental and emotional. The days preceding had been such a whirlwind that I had not really had time to process anything. I find that method generally works best for my particular personality. Just work my butt off and don't think about it until it has already come to pass. Come to think about it that's what I did when I got married, moved, and started a new job all in the same summer... and also in the months leading up to having our first baby... I think that's how God has trained me... no idle hands around here... no time to sit and think and dwell and doubt.
Alan loaded Hayley's doghouse the day prior. Although it was a head (and perhaps back) ache for him, the whole think was welcomed comic relief...
So, on the road... Me in my Expedition packed to the roof, with just barely enough room for Adam and Aaron, and Alan in the truck, with Hayley in the backseat. We made one brief stop at my parents' house to drop off the trailer carrying the dog house... as my dad was going to pull it with his motor home when they came up in a couple of days. I am grumpy that no one took a photo of my parents' older motor home pulling the giant doghouse... it was a funny site, like fancy redneck.
| Okay, so maybe it wasn't all "essentials" but I was stressing and thought it would be better to be safe than stressed more. |
| And we were off... |
We got to our new house in time for the boys to take a nap - and they did! That gave Alan and I time to sort out some things and me a chance to look around... it had been almost exactly four months since I had been there and quite a lot (to say the least) had changed since then.
We blew up air mattresses for us to sleep on and used a folding table and camp chairs in the kitchen for a couple of days. Alan even crafted some temporary counter top out of leftover flooring, as our counter tops would not be installed for about another week.
Alan went back to Boerne on Thursday night to load another trailer full and assist the movers the next morning. My parents came up Friday morning to be there to help with the boys when the movers came. It was nice to have someone else to do "potty time" and hold Adam when he was being high maintenance.
All in all, the process was incredibly smooth. Alan's pre-planning and preparation (for specifically, the move) helped ease us in and the movers were willing and able to do quite a bit while they were there (firefighter movers). With my parents' help we were able to get a huge portion unloaded and set up just over the weekend. But above all, around every corner was another answered prayer for peace and strength. God was, and is so good to us.
I haven't even mentioned how nice the house changes looked. I'll save that for a separate posting, but suffice it to say that it is almost an entirely different house - and it is quite near perfect for us. My man has skills.



2 comments:
I love this post! I seriously laughed out loud at the video of the dog house going down the road! I also love the end where you said your man has skills:) He really does! I cannot wait to see it all! I also cannot wait to see you! I am ready for our life to slow down so that can happen!
Nicely done. Glad to see you're embracing the photo caption. Can't wait to see more of the house!
Post a Comment