Seven months ago, Sunday, Adam was born... unlike with Aaron, I truly feel as though time is flying by. I guess with Aaron, I did not have anything else to do, think about or invest energy in but him... poor Adam, although he receives sixty-or so percent of my attention and energy, the other forty is split about four different ways and so days (and sentences it seems) run together and suddenly it is September and I am still trying to figure out what happened to July.
Our Adam Christopher has recently doubled his birth weight (of nine pounds, twelve ounces), has outgrown almost all of the onesies we used with Aaron and comfortably wears clothes designed for babies ages twelve to eighteen months. He enjoys riding in the stroller, baths, chewing on things, slobbering on things, giggling and eating. He has done great, thus far, with his solid foods and has eagerly eaten everything I have fed him... bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes, peaches, chicken, sweet peas, mangoes, various types of squash, kiwi, and pears. With that he still devours a serving of cereal once a day as well, and enjoys downing a bit of water from the sippy cup to wash his meals down.
His vocal ability has greatly increased and now includes several syllables, most recently a "da," much to Alan's liking. He is quite vocal about his dissatisfaction, which has been a great deal recently due to teething. He has yet to cut a tooth, but there are three or four that are close enough to cause him pain and discomfort, which means crying, yelling and frustration... both him and me, which then bleeds over to Aaron and Alan. Hopefully one or two of them will pop through soon and it will get easier on him after that.
He loves to roll over and giggle in self-delight. He likes to watch Aaron be ridiculous and lay on my lap outside in the camp chair while Daddy works. Today he commandeered a balloon, which Aaron got at HEB, and played with it for at least ten minutes straight without loosing interest. He yanked it back and forth by the ribbon and giggled relentlessly.
He has a bit of a trigger temper when it comes to things like eating, sleeping, strangers, and separation anxiety. On the other hand, he is easily the biggest goober that we have yet encountered. If he's in a comfortable state of mind, it is incredibly easy to make him laugh.
He is my snuggle bug and currently a Mama's boy, which, I must admit, makes me feel special (except for two hours on Monday nights).
At the end of August we took some photos of Adam, much like we did when Aaron was of similar age, (see a couple photos here and here). Adam lasted for around thirty minutes, so Alan did what he could while I bounced around like a moron trying to get him propped up and smiling. There is some limitation to what one can do with a floppy baby, so once he is able to sit up we will try it again. We did take a couple with Aaron but between Aaron's hyper-excited state, and Adam's inability to support himself, things didn't go so well... so, like I said, we'll try again in another month or so. There are many more photos to come, however I am only releasing a few as to keep the print outs a surprise for family gifts. I'll post the remainder later, as well as similar poses of Aaron's photo shoot two years ago because it is fun to compare the brothers.

Isn't he precious? How about that mid-boobie fat fold... this is his "What's up?" pose. Stay tuned for more photos, and I'll try to get a few videos up soon, I have an entertaining one of the balloon playing today to share.



1 comment:
WOW, I just want to squeeze that baby boy! He is just precious!!!!!!! I LOOOOVEEEE that last picture!!!
Post a Comment