Friday, August 13, 2010

Six months and other news...

Our big little man turned six months yesterday. It really has flown by. Time seemed to meander along with Aaron, perhaps because he was all that I had "to do," (so to speak). Now it seems our days are filled with all sorts of things, and only a few times a day do I get to sit and oodle over my squishy little angel.

You know by now, from the previous post that he is an eater! He is up to nineteen pounds, creeping ever closer to doubling his birth weight of nine pounds, twelve ounces... which "they" say generally happens on average, around the one year mark. I am going to go out on a limb and say he will have doubled his birth weight by then.
He likes to grab things, study them, and then stick them in his mouth. He has a little tuft of hair on the top, back side of his head that sticks straight up and curls at the top. He gives slop kisses. He likes to scream and squeal and occasionally still scares himself in the process. He is starting to really enjoy the jumperoo and is, what I think, an energy burst away from ejecting right out of it. He has great leg strength and doesn't yet know it.

He loves the sight of his Daddy and generally can't take his eyes off him. He tries desperately to follow Aaron (with his eyes), but his neck and eye speed is nothing compared to that of our super-toddler. And I must say he is quite fond of me as well, but I am not ashamed to admit that probably has a good deal to do with the booby juice and the fact that I am usually the one that changes his diapers.
He is a big goober who is either giggling and making "Id" noises or voicing his displeasure. There is no middle ground with him. He is quite laid back so long as he is well fed, doesn't miss a nap, isn't left alone or in his car seat too long.
In other news... we have finally replaced the living room furniture. Daddy and Grandpa laid to rest the old couch and Aaron, as usual, was right in the middle of the action.
While the guys were out picking up the new furniture, I cleaned and was well supervised.
Once cleaned, the boys enjoyed the open living room. Aaron rode his trike around and Adam worked on his walker skills. I'm not sure which Aaron enjoyed more the wide open space or the echo. Needless to say, a headache loomed.

A couple of random photos...
Aaron donned a new pair of boots...genuine, British-made wellingtons. Aunt Fi would be proud.
This next one comes with a story... Yesterday I put Aaron down for his nap at around the same time I always do. Then I tended to Adam a bit and put him down for a nap as well. I went about my business and checked the monitor from time to time and just came to terms with the fact that Aaron was not going to be taking a nap, which he does about once a week. Adam woke from his nap and I still heard Aaron playing quietly in his room, so I left him in there while I fed Adam.
Then it got quiet. I figured that Aaron was probably just reading. So I slowly tried to open the door to check on him and I couldn't... something was in the way. I could see a foot and after whispering his name, I realized he was out cold. I squeezed the camera through and took the photo below. For some reason, hot or cold, he's been wearing a beanie to bed for about a year now and in case you are wondering, Mr. Bear and Doggie are in their standard sleeping positions.

2 comments:

NickP said...

Adam is so big!

Fi said...

Aww, he looks like his Uncle Matt, forever in a beanie ;-)