Friday, August 13, 2010

Adam's First Solids

Adam finally got a taste of something other than Mama's milk a couple of weeks ago. Since he is such a big boy and a great eater, I had high hopes. I started him off with a little milked (vs. "watered") down bananas but after the second bite or so he had trouble disguising his displeasure and eventually his facial expression would have led one to believe he was eating lemons. So, I resorted to plain rice cereal, and he seemed to appreciate the game time substitution.
The following video is of the original bananas. By the time we switched to rice cereal, between a grumpy baby and a hyper toddler, the moment for video had passed...

He is eating great. He chews well and swallows like a champ. He also greatly enjoys the sippy cup, taking after big brother. Here are some fun food photos I've taken since then...

One last clip of him tasting avocados...

No comments: