Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brought to you by the number SIX

For reasons not entirely clear, Aaron went around counting things today but always stopped at six. He usually only goes up to five and then shouts "five days!" at the end, but today was about the number six. He got confused a few times when counting his fingers and wasn't quite sure what to do when he ran out. He counted anything around the house that appears in obvious multiples... rocks on the fireplace, suction cups on the shower mat, matchbox cars, buttons on the remote, oat rings, etc. I try to add a number each day, but sometimes he is clearly disinterested and would rather just make motor noises.

A few photos...


Alan and Adam having a chat...


Just in case you can't tell that he is huge, here is Adam on the changing table for perspective... by the "weigh" ... Adam is eighteen pounds, thirteen ounces now.
I know I said I'd try to take a better photo of him in his big boy crib now... and this is not it. Yesterday I found him sleeping in the very middle of his crib and thought he looked so cute. I'm still working on the "better" documentation.
Adam has an unbelievable amount of energy that he tends to expend through his legs, so we're trying to give him more outlets for leg movement... the Jumperoo is already in action and now we have reinstated the baby walker. He doesn't have the upper body strength yet to hold himself upright, but he is starting to get the idea...


My parents came over for dinner last night and brought Aaron a new Grandma-made quilt...
It has been a while since I've taken a good photo of my parents and the boys... two out of three sets of eyes were open and looking toward the camera, so I count this one as a success...
And one with Grandpa... this is what Aaron does when you say "smile pretty."

No comments: