I attempted to dip Adam in the water but he was not too interested. It could have been that it was much colder than his bath water or that he was being dangled naked into the cold water. Not sure, but it only lasted a minute or so.
Aaron, always ready to pose...
This morning I interviewed Aaron on the entourage of toys he has lately. For a year or so now he has been assigning cars to people he knows and even naming some of his toys after people if they are similar. Most of the time there can be some line drawn from the toy to the label... looks, perhaps they gave it to him, a TV show... something. However there are two "Little People" that he has been calling "Mama" and "Daddy" since he has been able to speak. Neither of us are as round as we are tall. And last I checked, my husband does not look like Peppermint Patty and I haven't looked like a guy since my senior year of high school when I cut all of my hair off.
The "Aunt Fi" reference is easy to figure out... on her last visit, she wore a straw cowboy hat, so now Aaron associates all similar cowboy hats with Aunt Fi...

Then the cars... most all of his Matchbox cars "belong" to someone. These were the only two cars nearby at the time... I gave him the yellow Ferrari and he recently got the Chevelle (which he also refers to as a Mustang) for notifying me and following through with a trip to the potty! He associates that with the TLC show "Overhaulin'" because most of the episodes we watch involve 60's and 70's model muscle cars... oh, and Chip Foose is the name of the lead designer/builder.
Not much else going on around here. Adam's five month "birthday" came and went quietly. He is sleeping well in his big crib and gets closer and closer to sitting up every day. He has the strength he just doesn't know what to do with it. No well-baby check up to report on... we didn't have to go back for three months... which means we have one more month before another doctor visit. It is a blessing to have big, healthy boys!



No comments:
Post a Comment