Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moving out

Adam packed his bags Sunday and moved out. Twelve steps that is, to his new domicile, his bedroom. He has simply outgrown the large bassinet at the foot of our bed that he has occupied for the last twenty weeks. So we've regained our own territory, which is all well and good but on Sunday night it was too quiet. Alan on shift, Adam in his own bedroom. The only thing I had to keep me awake was the booming sound of fireworks every thirty seconds or so... that and the slight fear that Adam may need something and I wouldn't hear him on the monitor were I to fall asleep.


The evening passed, and several more since then. Adam is doing great in his big crib and has even rolled over a couple of times. Nap length and quality has, for the most part, been unaffected and amazingly enough, with the proximity of their rooms, the boys have not bothered each other's sleep schedules at all.


So the boys are fine and Alan will likely sleep better as well, since he heard every little noise and grunt that Adam made. I however, am having to learn how to sleep again. There was a certain comfort that came in knowing he was only steps away and I had trained myself to only wake up to the serious noises. Now I'm up for more training and there's nothing that says the second go around is easier...


I did snap a photo of Adam in his crib after a nap... he kicks around, pulls his blanket off, and eventually ends up on the opposite side, on his elbows looking up at me. Pretty cute. :) I'll try to get one of that soon.

No comments: