Sunday, June 13, 2010

Funny business

A few funny phrases that Aaron has recently come up with...

"Mama,doin'?" With a big smile, he always asks me what I'm doing, even if he already knows.

While riding in the car, when going under a bridge... "watch head!" and he ducks down in his seat.

"Mama, I don't know that." Randomly shouted out with a cackle as though he's outsmarting us.

When I'm climbing down the attic ladder... "Mama, watch head. Mama careful!"

"Thank you, welcome." He hasn't figured out that he says one and not the other at the same time, but it's a start.

"Baby Adam stop crying!"

In response to something I say (it doesn't really matter what)... "[In a] couple days Mama."

"Not yet."

When I stand on the step stool (because he knows he is not supposed to without permission), "Mama, get down."

"_________ sleepies." Fill in the blank with anything that is lying down or covered up.

"Uh oh, Daddy?" "Uh oh, Mama?" When one of us leaves the room.

"Baby Adam, it's okay."

Earlier today I was carrying Adam into the den and had to go down the four inch tall step that separates the den from the rest of the house. Aaron was walking in front of me and turned around to point out the step and said "Mama, careful, big step."

"Baby Adam, ticky ticky ticky." Copying us tickling Adam, under very close supervision.

"Affer nap." When he knows that something is going to happen after his nap time.

While playing outside, if Hayley barks he yells, "Hayley no! Baby Adam sleepies." Apparently he is the only one who is allowed to make loud noises when Adam is napping,

When asked to do something he'll sometimes say "[I'm] busy now, okay Mama."

"Holda Baby Adam?" Asking to hold Baby Adam.

"Mama, make face dirty." When attacked with kisses.

"Paper towel please?" When he spots anything wet or dirty. This ranges from spilled milk to dust, dirt, or even fogged over windows.

In the morning I'll sit him in his seat at the table with his milk and cereal and then take care of my breakfast. He loves to watch me and commentate on what I'm doing... "Mama's milk... Eweee, gross, yuk! (when I squirt chocolate syrup into my milk and it makes a gross noise)... Mama bowl... spoon... Mama eat Wheaties.... Mama, sit please.... Mama's paper." And he often corrects me if I go out of order. Can't get anything by him.

"Grandpa's bike." Everyday, about twice a day a seventy-something gentleman with a white beard rides by on an early model scooter to get the mail perhaps or just take a brief drive. His scooter has a unique sound and Aaron will run to the window, watch him and announce his passing by.

"Crying!" Every time Adam cries he will point it out - and continue to point it out until I do something about it. And if I don't, in a timely manner, in which he sees fit, he will then proceed to imitate Adam's crying; which inevitably makes me crazy.

No comments: