Aaron has the Fisher Price Little People Nativity. He has always had a peculiar interest in the baby Jesus figurine...
Today Baby Jesus went for a ride in Mama's truck to the grocery. I know he made it back inside because I put him in Aaron's tote and watched him carry it into the house. Not long after I finished unloading the groceries Aaron walks into the kitchen and asks, "Mama, where'd Baby Jesus go? Uh oh, Baby Jesus?" You haven't known O.C.D. until you've experienced Aaron and his relentless perseverance and elephant memory. He would not let it go. We searched all of the normal hiding spots: the washer, inside Daddy's hiking boots at the back door, in the recycle bin, the cookie sheet cabinet, the toy basket, the diaper pail, Mama's bag, Adam's car seat, Adam's crib, the bath tub... etc... Every ten seconds Aaron would repeat, "Mama, where'd baby Jesus go?" He was so serious about it but it was difficult not to laugh at the situation and what made it worse was Aaron's inability to yet say "Jesus" correctly. He still gets hung up with the "sus."
Aaron kept asking, even as he was laying down to go to sleep tonight. Smiling, I told him we would look for Jesus again in the morning, then I kissed our little angel goodnight.



1 comment:
Ashley, I LOVE it! Aaron just cracks me up!!! I went to a bible study on Tuesday night and the major thing that stuck with me was when they were talking about "fixing your eyes upon Jesus" in order to keep him as your number on priority. Anyways, I sure hope that you can fix your eyes on Jesus figuratively and physically this morning!!! :)
Post a Comment