Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still pregnant, but showing progress

At my appointment yesterday the doctor found me to be 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. When she measured my belly (fundal height) she laughed and said "there's no point in doing this anymore, you've completely maxed out," and that my xiphoid process (the very bottom of my sternum) is starting to bend outward to accommodate my uterus. The moral of the story is that this baby boy has not where else to go but down, and out.

I didn't post an entry for last week's appointment, but for reference, I was not dilated at all and had no cervical effacement yet... so progress is being made.

We'll see if Adam wants to perhaps crash my or his big brother's birthday... either way, there will be lots of birthdays right in a row. I think it would be a fantastic birthday present (for me, not necessarily Aaron).

If we make it to next week, my appointment is on Tuesday, when I'm scheduled to have another sonogram to check Adam's size.

In other doctor updates, I took Aaron to his two-year-old check up on Monday. He got a clean bill of health, which of course we already knew, and appears to be completely proportional in size and stature, etc. He got "big boy status" as he climbed on to the stand up scale for the first time and then over to the height check mounted on the wall - as opposed to laying down on a table with the measuring tape. He did well, considering it has been eight months since we have been there (his 16-month old check up). He eventually told the doctor about "Anam" (Adam) as he pointed to my belly and informed him on a regular basis that there was a "bop" (Jeep) parked outside the exam room window.

I have been really bad about taking pictures recently. I have been wanting to document my enormous belly and I'm certain if Aaron's little party happens this weekend, we'll have some pictures for you then. Oh, and if I happen to have a baby anytime soon - of course, we'll let you know and post a picture or two.

No comments: