Thursday, May 9, 2013

While Mama's away, her boys will play...

Here's a little documentation of the home front while I was in England. Alan was sweet to send me photos periodically so I could see our precious boys and know that they had some good times together...
This one was text messaged to me before my first flight took off. They had a new fascination with sitting in the mulch, playing with a few bins or buckets full of water and some water toys.
Video documentation of their water play... Adam's line, "hey, you gotta stop that" is one of his new favorite things to say.



I was gone over Easter, so it was Daddy's job to reinforce the Jesus story and do the egg hunt...
Their eggs are filled with goldfish and animal crackers.
Here's a video of a bit of one of the egg hunts...

Only a couple of days into my trip Adam ran into the corner of the wall and busted his foot and broke a toe. He's a force of nature. Unfortunately he forced the guys to stay home and lay low - and go into hyper-cautious, heal the foot mode.
Beached and broken.
Another milestone while I was gone: Aaron finally decided to eat pasta. For the longest time he would have nothing to do with it... too slimy, too wet, or whatever excuse he could come up with. Then a couple of weeks before I left he announced "I'm going to start eating pasta when I'm six." This was a lot better than the previous "never," so we took it and Alan said he would work on that. So while I was in England I got the following photo and a message that said, "Aaron now eats pasta." Apparently after a lengthy discussion of how pasta is similar to bread, cereal and crackers and a trip to HEB to buy special "green" [spinach] pasta - Aaron began eating pasta, lots of it... 
It is probably worth noting that the little one can put down a serving size of pasta similar to Alan's, like I said, he's a force of nature. Speaking of... 
Also sent to me while on my trip. I love the look no his face, as though he didn't know that when you squeeze the baby powder bottle it all comes out.
One of the more laid back (hurt foot) field trip options was to Cabela's. It's a bit a drive but we generally incorporate a meal there and the boys (all three) really like that place. There's so much to do, like a mini retail-theme park.  
Stare at fish until forcibly removed....
Try on random things and surprise your Daddy (yes, apparently he did this all on his own)....
Wrestle small bears...
and shoot guns...
Playing with their light sticks from Cabela's.

1 comment:

Fi said...

Woah!! I did not know that Adam had BROKEN his toe! Yikes! Nice work on the pasta :)