After deciding that it was a feasible day-trip drive, we finally made it down to Pedernales State Park a few weeks ago (3.22.13). Alan brought some fishing gear, we packed a lunch, and made a day of it.
The first chance they got, the boys started throwing rocks in the water. Along with making vehicle noises, I believe this to be another innate boy behavior.
 |
| Yes, even the big boy. |
 |
| Knowing I was trying to take his picture, he kept hiding from me... so this is the best I could do. |
Brief video documentation of throwing rocks.
 |
| We found a good spot, shaded by the rocks and ate our lunch while we watched Alan fish. |
 |
| Finally warmed up to the camera. |
 |
| Checking out what Daddy is doing. |
 |
| A rare breed spotted in his natural habitat. |
 |
| I sequestered them to this little hole until we started moving again. Uneven rocks and Baby Adam are asking for trouble. |
 |
| A couple of me with the boys... |
This was likely Adam's last trip in the hiking backpack. He is just too big. We've stretched its limits in order to go places during this rather clumsy stage he is in. But, it was bursting at the seams, so it is time to train up a new little hiker.
 |
| Whew, they are good-looking. |
No comments:
Post a Comment