I know it has been a while since I last posted. It always seems like the time between Christmas and mid-February just flashes by. To cut back the number of posts needed to catch up, I've lumped all of January together.
We spent the first half or so of January under the weather, just mildly... enough to slow us down a bit. So, naturally I've no photos or stories to show for that time. We've been doing school lessons, working outside, playing, attempting to potty train Adam... that sort of thing. At the end of January we took a brief trip to Inks Lake State Park. The weather was beautiful and the great outdoors called...
We set up, played a bit and then took a walk up to the big playground...
After that we went through the motions of fishing from the pier. I say that because the weather was too warm and sunny for fish to be interested and the boys were restless to be interested, past a few minutes. Nonetheless, I still documented the occasion...
 |
| Does this count as a family photo? |
Alan had him convinced he could push over this tree...
 |
| Naturally, Aaron working against progress. |
We have always talked about taking a very slow drive around the park and making notes on the camp sites that we like, for future reference. We finally had the perfect opportunity with the added benefit of being one of only a handful of families there at the time. While we were out, the missed nap, cool air, slow bumpy ride overcame Adam and he passed out...
Here's a video of the boys playing one of their spontaneously created pretend games and a little more of Adam in the truck, because it was amusing. :)
Before packing up the following day we took a hike down to Devil's Waterhole. We are breaking Adam into the concept of using his legs (instead of riding in the backpack). He's a diva so the progress is slow...
 |
| Experienced hikers. |
In other news we had a singular large success in the potty training department so, as promised, a nice Craigslist kitchen appeared....
 |
| They loved it and played hard. |
 |
| Then, less than 24 hours later, it went into storage until our iron-willed baby abandons his old ways and decides the toilet is not such a daunting thing after all. |
 |
| Aaron was displaying the PJ pants Grandma made for him. Adam was just being Adam. |
 |
| The boys and I went to get the car inspected one morning. I think this picture of Adam is hilarious. Look at those dumpy cheeks. |
 |
| Hayley doesn't make the blog very often, so I though I'd throw in this adorable picture. She takes her winter indoor evenings very seriously. |
Here are a couple of photos from our trip to San Antonio that didn't make it on the post for some reason. They are pretty cute and worthy of sharing. Adam with an over sized stuffed animal bear at Bass Pro Shops...
1 comment:
Aaron is looking SO TALL!
Post a Comment