Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kohls come for a day

On Friday, June 3, my parents drove up for a couple of special deliveries. They hauled the play set from our old house and helped get it set up in the backyard. 

And they also delivered the mantle that my dad made for us out of re-purposed cedar support column from a former structure at Fiesta Texas (where dad works). Interestingly enough, it is from the same support beam that dad fashioned the mantle for their house a couple of years ago. The finish was gorgeous and completed the look of our living room. Installation was also included...
Discussing manly things.
He worked real hard. No, he's not dead.
They stayed for dinner out to Chili's where I had an alcoholic beverage for the first time in over four years. I know it came and went without much fanfare, but I am no longer breastfeeding as of about three weeks ago. So I always said I wanted to go get a margarita to "celebrate" a job well done, scratch that, a ridiculously blessed time in our life. By the way, Adam is doing fantastic, took it like a champ, and only had a few minor withdrawals. My mother felt it necessary to document the event... 
Baby Adam, punishing us for altering his evening schedule just a tad... 

1 comment:

MBK said...

The mantel looks awesome!

And felicidades for the margarita. Well-deserved ;-)