Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our life lately

The chaos continues in our family's split life. Alan is still working really hard to finish the bigger projects at the new house, enough so that we can move in and then finish the multitude of smaller projects over the months to come. When he is home we try to do something fun, which serves as a welcome break for him, and "fun time with Daddy." Which doesn't actually require much because for our boys anytime with Daddy is fun time.


I've been trying to remember to document some of the more regular things we do everyday around the house. Playing, chores, silliness, etc. Some photos are on my iPod, because that's what I have handy at the time and one of these days I'll just post all of those photos at once.


Adam is a big eater and tends to eat whatever Aaron or I am eating for dinner, just in smaller pieces. If he runs out of food on his tray then he'll "threaten" me by just starting to pull the velcro of his bib off. If I don't respond in a timely manner, the entire bib ends up on the floor, hence the long-sleeved tied on bib. He still tried to pull it off from time to time, then his trigger temper clicks on and he forgets about the food for a minute or so.
Adam used to be terrified of the swing, or anything that caused "wind" in his face. But now he is a bit bigger and a little less (only a little) of a scaredy cat. In fact, now he giggles most of the time he is swinging.
Aaron, showing off his new short hair cut. He was in the middle of telling me a very long and detailed story, and got irritated every time I tried to take his photo. I thought it was funny. 
In case you can't tell, Adam is talking on the" phone." Recently he has started copying me when I'm on the phone by holding his hand up to is ear. The video shows him in action...
Pointing at things is his other current hobby. Sometimes he tries to verbally identify whatever he is pointing at, and his list of words is growing... Mama, Dada, Aaron, Hayley (yes, he says it perfectly, it's pretty cute), dog, ball, more (with the hand sign - even though if he's saying the word, the sign is sort of pointless). 
Video documentation of our goofy boys... there is a clip at the end of Aaron doing the "butt dance." I'm not sure I've formally introduced you to this yet. One evening a few weeks ago, after his shower, he was butt naked and trying to escape while I was applying his lotion. This is pretty typical - there is nothing that makes him more excited than running around the house naked. He only ran a few feet, stopped, turned around and started sticking his butt out and doing this crazy dance. We've already got the "happy dance," which Aaron does when he, you guessed it, gets really happy and excited about something, so we named this the "but dance," again, for obvious reasons. I could not be certain of its origin until last night, same thing, after shower he was playing around and being goofy and he said "Mama look, butt dance like the baby on your iPod." It now makes sense... several months ago we watched the video of the Brazilian baby dancing on a table. It is just hilarious and you should watch it if you haven't yet. Of course, like with everything else, Aaron put his own spin on it, and came up with a new move... we call the butt dance.


After their afternoon nap, I generally start making supper and they play. It is so wonderful and sweet that usually Aaron goes out of his way to play with Adam, even though he is caged up. Aaron will pull the chair right up to the play pen or sit on the floor next to it so that they can "play." 
"I'm warning you, if you don't stop with the camera, you'll get a rooster to the head." The threats usually come with a tongue out and an arm up, wielding something dense that could cause yet another Mama boo-boo 

Another thing he likes more now is his walker... I guess because he's working on walking solo, it is a little less scary. He gets around quickly and only has minor fits when the walker won't go sideways, so he manhandles it or just picks it up. We are trying to squeeze a few more weeks out of it, it is only a matter of time before he is too tall. 

Sexy tight pajamas shot. I figured this will be a good one to show the fiancĂ©e one day. 

No comments: