Monday, February 28, 2011

Aaron's Argot

I figured Aaron's literal and amusing way of speaking and the crazy stuff he comes up with is only going to get more entertaining so I've been trying to come up with a title within the blog for documenting what he says. Hence, argot...

ar·got [ahr-goh] -noun. A unique style of speech, the peculiar character or genius of a language.

We've been stepping up the potty training a bit lately and have made good progress. Aaron is a bit resistant only for about thirty seconds or so every time he has to sit on the potty. Then he gets over it. He's had several big successes and has not pooped in his diaper in about four days! Anyway, here's some of the silliness that has come about lately from our just-turned-three-year-old...


2.26.11 - I asked Aaron if he needed to go poopoos, he answered, "I can't go poopoo's in the potty mama, I just can't. It is not necessary."

2.28.11 - While Aaron was on the toilet, Alan yelled from the other room, "Aaron, how are you doing?" and in a smart a** tone Aaron yells back, "Daddy, can't talk, busy pooping."

2.28.11 - Aaron was whining about having to sit down to dinner (he just wanted to play) and Alan jokingly said, "Stop whining or I'll deport you to Mexico." In a very sarcastic tone (having never really heard of Mexico before) Aaron snapped back with perfect pronunciation, "Can't go to Mexico Daddy."

3.1.11 - In the morning I usually tell Aaron about our day so he will have some general idea of what comes next (even though it is almost always the same). I told him that after breakfast he was going to sit on the potty for a few minutes and he gave me a look of disapproval. He patiently waited until I was finished and then said in one string of thought, hardly stopping to take a breath, "Mama, this is what happens, Mama, finish oat rings and milk, get down. Feed your baby, do yoga, then we can go on walk, that's fine. After walk we can eat snacks, that's fine. After snacks maybe I can do poo poos, maybe. Then we feed Adam in the room and I can watch new Thomas, then take nap."

3.1.11 - Aaron was watching me aggressively rub my own head. He said, "What's wrong with you Mama?" I told him, "I have a headache, and my head hurts." He said, "Let me see it Mama." So, I leaned over to show him my head and he sincerely searched for a booboo and after not finding anything he told me, "Mama, I can't see your booboo, you'll be okay. I think so."

No comments: