Friday, January 14, 2011

Long past, Merry Christmas!

Although I am terribly late, I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a warm and restful New Year. Our holiday was full of joy and energy. A couple of days before Christmas we had Alan's side of the family over to our house for a meal and gift opening. It was Aaron's first exposure to large-scale gift opening in quite some time and he was overwhelmed before he even got to the second gift. It didn't dawn on me that he would want to open every package and play with every toy, no matter the size... but he did, which quickly led to a backup of gifts and we could have easily been there all night. Sensory overload set in. We know he didn't really understand why all of these amazing toys were getting dumped in his lap and why he couldn't play with each one. It was sweet though... the sort of thing I wish I could do, take time to enjoy every gift before moving on to the next one.

This box of John Deere goodies from Granny and Pa was especially intriguing. Miniature lawn tractor, just like Daddy's! What more could he ask for?
Addy trying on her new hat with Amy and Brandon...
Granny and Pa opening the photo book we gave them...
Addy posing for the camera and Aaron playing with one of his new mini-John Deere toys.
Daddy on Adam-duty...He was so adorable in his (24M) polo onesie.
Surveying the loot...

No comments: