Monday, January 31, 2011

From Aaron's mind and mouth

While sitting on the bed in our bedroom, playing with a little purple toy phone, "Mama, I can't make phone calls in here, because no service." Real cell phones don't work in the bedroom because of poor service.

I woke him up from a nap at 4:30p, which was unusually late, and I said, "Wow, you slept a long time didn't you?" And he answers, "Mama, you told me to stay in bed and take a good nap."

While sitting at the table eating one morning he yelled out "Oh my God!" and I explained why we shouldn't say that and gave him some alternative things to say. He follows with "Mama, can I say jiminey crikeys [a common Daddy phrase]?" and I said yes. Then he asked, "Mama does Jesus say jiminey crikeys?"

I gasped and almost cried after Adam pulled a chunk of my hair out while nursing. Aaron looks at me and says "Mama, mama, it's okay. It was an accident."

I do yoga in the mornings using a recorded program from TV and one of the women on there has very aggressive features. Aaron in his undying need to know who does and does not have a "peepee" pointed to the manly woman and said, "Mama, he has peepee?"

Any time anyone in earshot says "Oh my God/gosh," Aaron corrects them and says "No, no, say oh my goodness."

"Mr. Bear don't listen to me, Mr. Bear is a bad Bear he do bad things."

"Doggie, get down off of that chair, I told you not to jump on the furniture."

On my way out to get Hayley and let her in for the night, Aaron says, "Mama, you be nice to Hayley. She's my dog."

"Mama, I have big peepee, Adam have baby peepee."

He loves to point out and talk about booboos, even after they have healed. I used to be able to tell him "all gone" when he'd ask where it went after healing. Now he wants to know, "where did it go, Mama?"

I sometimes refer to Adam as "My little sweet potato." Aaron calls Adam "My little baby mashed potato."

After being corrected today, in a sarcastic tone he said, "Whatever you say Mama." [Grrrr!, the Mama growled.]

Trouble.

2 comments:

Amy Jo:) said...

This is seriously one of my favorite posts of yours ever! I cracked up at each and every one of them! You have your hands full, I LOVE it!!!! It sounds like you two are doing such a good job with your boys!

Jenny said...

got some good laughs out of that one :)