My parents, brother Matt, sister Jenny and her husband Barrett, and my Grandpa Kohl (in from Iowa) all came over.
Alan and I took turns distracting Adam from turning his tiredness into grumpiness. An example of one of Alan's tactics... back rub with a Tonka truck, and if I remember correctly, Adam kept leaning over and sticking his head down on Alan's lap like this.When that would no longer suffice, he was forced to move to the toy area...
Once things calmed down a bit and Aaron made it through the loot, lunch was in order. He sat quietly at the table and watched everyone. I think he wore himself clean out.
I found it difficult to give any bit of attention to the giver of each gift I unwrapped that morning. I was doing good to remember who gave me what, for later reference... let alone keeping up with Alan, Aaron, and now Adam's gifts. I had a sort of mini-gift reopening when we got back home and the boys were sleeping. As we unloaded the car and I went through the boxes, I was able to actually look at things. Now I sort of understand why, when we were younger, we went around the room and took turns opening gifts.
We went back to the Kohl's after the boys took their nap and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. Although I took my camera, I failed to take it out of my bag - it seems I had other things to tend to :)



No comments:
Post a Comment