Saturday, October 9, 2010

Playing, talking, shooting, eating...

The following post covers a span of about three weeks. We have been busy playing outside and doing other things and when I normally work on the computer, Adam has now decided he would like to be held instead. I could still work while holding him, but the incredibly slow pace and the occasional typos inserted by big chubby baby hands are not quite worth it.

So, I have some catching up for you... I've tried to comment on them separately because as a whole there is no real link beside to say they are all of my boys and our fun-filled days together....


Adam is very close to sitting up on his own (give him a break, he's got a lot of mass to support) and is getting closer to crawling... I still have not processed a single video of Adam playing with a balloon. It is mildly entertaining and I should really do that soon. For now, a photo will have to suffice...
He loves to hang out in his play pen, so long as he can see me...Being eye-level with Maggie (my parent's dog we are watching this week) makes him giggle.

The result of watching hunting shows with Daddy....

While watching the Longhorns get creamed by OU last weekend, we welcomed the occasional distraction...

Then I just started taking photos to pass the time...
We've been making slow progress with Aaron in the eating department. The other night he ate an entire serving of all-natural chicken nuggets, green beans, and a banana. Then he put his napkin in the trash and his plate and fork in the sink. Praise the Lord. You may think it silly to shout praise for such a thing, but you've never seen the dinner time battle with this one. Anyway, that night I documented the occasion to share with Daddy on shift...

Yesterday I realized I haven't been taking many photos so I tried to catch up....
This is what happens when you tell a two-year old it is time to take a shower...
Big blue-eyed goober before eating his solids... he just recently tackled egg yolks... no complaining at all from him. While I was feeding him Aaron said, "Adam eat eggs?" He was quite curious, considering he has yet to submit to eating eggs. He'll eat several other meats but eggs are just too much for him right now, I guess.


One additional note... it is worth mentioning that Adam now says "Dada." It is very clear and there is no mistaking it. He yells it, whispers it, tosses it in at the end of a cry fest, etc. Then if that wasn't enough, Aaron hears Adam saying "Dada" then starts repeating it and giggling. I am constantly reminded of Dada... and that it was both of my boys' first word. Now I'm just hoping with the addition of peer pressure, Adam won't wait another five months to say Mama. I have been documenting all of the "Dada's" on video and will post those soon.

No comments: