Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meet Adam Christopher!


Adam Christopher Stacer was born on Friday, February 12th, at 11:54am. He weighed a healthy 9 pounds and 12 ounces! and was twenty-one and a half inches long. The birth was very fast and smooth with the only issue being that our doctor was tied up and I was coached "not to push" for almost forty minutes! Ah! So, the hardest part of the whole thing was keeping him in - not getting him out. Can you even imagine if he had made it to his due date (two weeks later). Who knows how that would have worked, or not.
We came home Saturday afternoon and are well on our way. Adam seemed to know how to breastfeed from the get-go, so that has been an incredible blessing. I am still working through the physical issues of birthing a huge baby. Aaron and Daddy are getting lots of quality time together. Aaron is adjusting wonderfully and always asks to "watch baby Adam" while I'm feeding him in the bedroom.
We have many more pictures and stories that we will get up slowly, but I figure we owe you, our loyal readers :), an update. Thank you for your prayers and blessings. We are happy to be a family of four (and I'm happy not to be pregnant anymore!)

11 comments:

crvz37 said...

congrats, and great middle name. ;-)

Elissa said...

Congratulations Ashley!

Amy Jo:) said...

Ashley, he is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! Take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing more about your sweet boys!!!!!

THE ZELLERS said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing all about being a mommy of two. And I CAN NOT believe how big he is! :) Go Momma!

MK said...

Ashley, Alan, and Aaron... I am so happy to hear about baby Adam! I can't wait to hear more about the little guy. Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So happy for your family! And WOW for such a big guy! Looking forward to more pictures when you're up to it! :)

Libby Lunsford said...

He is so precious! How wonderful to see this healthy baby boy for which we have prayed or months. God is good!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Welcome to the world of two where it really is more than twice the work! :) (or so that's how I feel...)

You are blessed and your boys are blessed.

Sarah Morlandt

Diane said...

What an adorable picture!!! Congratulations!! How much fun you guys are going to have with two little boys running around playing together. We're eating up every second! I'm sure there's more picture moments than you can keep up with! Love and Blessings to you!!!

Diane

The Tuckers said...

Congratulations Stacers! Hope to get the boys together soon!

Laura said...

This is a bit overdue, but Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing! Love the photo and can't wait to see more...