Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mommy and Daddy

I have great news! Aaron is now saying "Mama" on command while pointing me out! I know what you are thinking... "isn't he a few months away from two years old? Why is he just now saying Mama?" If I had the answer to that one, it would have happened long ago. He is real good with his "Daddy," "Dada" and anything else related to Alan, but me - well I got a bit shafted. I have yet to get it on video, but don't you worry - I will be sharing that one when it comes up, as I have been waiting a long time for this.

In the meantime, I'll tell you about his obsession with his Daddy. If he is grumpy, just ask him about his Daddy and it will snap him out of it. However, if his Daddy happens to be at work and Aaron can't run in and see him if he needs to, don't mention it, because then he will get real sad and possibly tantrum once he figures out what is going on. Anytime he gets a hold of a phone he puts it up to his ear and says "Hi Dada." If he doesn't have use of a phone, anything that stretches from his ear to his mouth will do, including but not limited to, long legos, a hairbrush, spoon, folded sunglasses, etc.

If all of that is not enough to melt a Daddy's heart... a couple of weeks ago Aaron started taking his "Dada" and turning it into a bit of a song... so I milked it along and now it is a full out "Daddy Song." He will even sing it for you if you ask him to, provided all conditions are right of course and you don't look too much like a stranger. Pay close attention around the twenty-eight second mark and you'll hear a quick rendition of the "Daddy Song," sung spontaneously during his post-nap crib playing...


This video shows a few things... his anatomy lessons, normal Aaron-drama, and the use of "Daddy" to snap him out of that drama...

No comments: