Thursday, August 27, 2009

No Dada

Shortly after we put Aaron down for his nap yesterday, Alan left for Yosemite. About an hour later Aaron woke up from his nap and while clutching Doggie he ran to each room of the house, and even peeked outside, saying "Dada! Hi, Dada!" It nearly broke my heart. I kept telling him "No Dada," which he usually understands but he just didn't believe me this time. Our boy certainly loves his Daddy. Hopefully he will survive with just Mommy until Monday. I'll let you know.

We have deciphered another word in Aaron's language. Jeep = Bup. My dad has a Jeep and Alan has been looking for another Jeep project to purchase, so Aaron sees a lot of Jeeps. We finally figured out after hearing it over and over that when he says "bup" he is identifying a Jeep. Do they have a Rosetta Stone for "Toddler?"

Our sleepy head hit the three hour nap mark the other day and in order to save the rest of the day, I had to wake him... so I took another picture :)

I thought I was losing my mind yesterday, which is more common than you might think. I searched the house for nearly ten minutes for any of Aaron's three water bottles. I reserve two sippy cups and his Camelbak for water and I could not find a single one of them. I remember him drinking from one around lunch time so I know it had not been long since I'd last seen them and with Alan out of town, that meant that Aaron stashed them somewhere. So, I put on my toddler hat and tried to think of what I would do. I am not too good at that yet, although he gives me a new opportunity to sharpen my skills each day, so it took me about ten minutes. There are two cabinets in our kitchen that are not child proofed. One holds TV trays and the other cookie sheets. They are tall, skinny cabinets and have just enough void space to stash pint sized treasures. So after ten minutes and nothing short of a premature senior moment, I found all three water bottles behind the TV trays in the sacred cabinet in the kitchen. Aaron - 1, Mommy - 0.

Here a a few pictures of our crazy little man from the past couple of days. He is extra saucy when not wearing any pants.

No comments: