I often hear people say, "Oh, I loved that time," or "I wish they stayed small forever." And they go on to explain how their babies are of walking age now and how they miss the tiny days. Or when Aaron was younger and girlfriends would want to hold him and reminisce of the small, warm, and cuddly days.I do not feel that way. I love what is going on right now with Aaron. Sure, to us he was an adorable and sweet newborn and we soaked up that time with pure glee; but we are having so much fun right now.


I love that he knows his own name and will turn his head when you call him. I love that he smiles when I smile and laughs when I laugh - and that he knows a fake laugh from a real one. I love that he listens and observes so carefully, he is a little sponge. I love that he sits up, which means I can prop him anywhere and know that he will stay there for at least two seconds, before he flops over in pursuit of something interesting or tasty. I absolutely love his new "talking," which some would consider yelling, and how proud he gets of himself for being able to make such amazing noises. I love his moves... he dances and bounces, rolls, jerks, spazzes, and dives. No crawling yet - but what's the rush?
I love Aaron's new obsession with hanging upside down. And his ridiculous fake temper tantrums that he snaps out of if we make funny noises. And how he will go from crying to motor boating to laughing all in a five second span of time. Alan loves to put him in the crevice between his chest and his arm and lay on the couch and relax. It is almost like Aaron knows exactly where to go and where to stick his arm and how to look as cute as humanly possible so that I'll walk by and see the two of them and just melt.
It is a great time. He is not tiny anymore and hasn't been for a while now, and although my back hurts at the end of each night as it slowly gets stronger, I could not be prouder of our little man.
On Wednesday Amy, Brandon and Addyx came to visit. Here is Alan with his niece, who will be four months old at the beginning of November.
And on a random side note, Graycie Jane, queen bee of the backyard, would not touch the swimming pool on 100 degree days when it was full of nice clean water. But now she likes to lay inside of the empty pool and sunbathe, while her minion bodyguard Hayley lays in the dirt a few feet away.
No comments:
Post a Comment