Over the weekend we took Aaron to this little pumpkin patch in Boerne. The pumpkin selection was picked over since we waited so long, but we were still able to get a few shots to commemorate his first fall. Fall - as I was sitting there sweating, and as I write this post now, (at 11:30 in the morning) it is 54 degrees outside. I love Texas. A nice stranger lady took our picture, which I later figured out was our first family picture, and the planets must have been aligned - because it is not too bad...
Yesterday we made a trip into San Antonio (I make it sound so far...?) and got a few things, which included Aaron's first pair of Levi's. I think they are adorable - so I had to include them.
Aaron got all dressed up (which generally just implies dressing, period) and even had his little Velcro shoes on... so cute! Don't mind Alan's facial expression - he was doing his best to hold Aaron (who moves nonstop) so that I could get a good picture, while bewildered at the vocal abilities of our talented son.
Bedlam blows in every year with the first major cold front, as the dogs storm the house. For about eight months out of the year, they are outside dogs, but we generally clean them up and let them in as soon as the temperatures drop below 50 degrees. So yesterday was dog day - and since Alan recently cut his finger - washing dogs was out of the question... so guess who got the whole honor herself. This is no easy task... they are good dogs, but it was a chilly, they were distracted and they were out of practice. They are strong too, especially Hayley, and can both easily knock me over. So I bathed them on the deck, as my lame husband supervised and provided emergency back up, and then we figured out a good place to set up shop inside. Adjusting to their presence inside is always hard for me. After I get used to them again, it is fine and they provide good company and free entertainment, but they are big dogs and ours is a cozy house and there is a reason this breed is called "Velcro Weimaraners."
Aaron was able to briefly play inside with Hayley a couple of months ago, but other than that he has not had any inside (controlled environment) exposure. Now that he is constantly vocal, it was more interesting. Graycie Jane, who is slowly turning into an old lady, seemed to be annoyed by some of Aaron's noises and others gave her id energy as we watched her bound around the living room. Here is a video of Aaron and Graycie. Until you get used to them, I feel the need to tell you that the noises Aaron is making are happy fun noises (and despite how he sounds, he is not getting his toes pulled off).
And this post would not be complete without an upside down picture of our little man.
Here Alan was teaching him how to support himself on the table.



No comments:
Post a Comment