Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just another blessed, wonder filled day in the life…

I had this idea for a post and I wanted to write it before our routine changed with the introduction of a few solid foods and other pending milestones. I feel like we do almost the exact same thing, give or take a few steps, every day… which, is perfect for me because I like routines and plans and knowing what to expect. So just to give you an idea of what we do…

7:00am - alarm goes off and we are up for the first feeding of the day, with the neighbor’s duck quacking in the background, making certain that the dogs don’t know we are awake – otherwise they will start reminding us it has be decades since their last meal
8:00am – Aaron goes back to sleep and I feed the dogs so they don’t wither up, go out for the paper, fill the birdbath, eat my breakfast, take a shower, and do house chores and projects
10:00am – slowly wake Aaron, if he is not already up, for his second feeding
10:40am – wrap up a few more chores that were too loud to do while he was sleeping, get Aaron ready for the day, pack up our stuff if we are going somewhere
11:00am – leave for outing if we are going out, if not – play time of some sort which means the jungle gym, bouncy chair, visit the dogs outside, swing, etc
11:30am – Aaron takes a nap, I have lunch while reading a magazine or baby text of some sort, then get one or two things done or perhaps check my email, if it is nice, outside chores or help
Alan in the garage if he is home and working on a project
1:00pm – wake Aaron, if he is not already awake and feed him again
1:40pm – more play time, something that we didn’t do in the morning or we read stories
2:30pm – put Aaron down for a nap, as soon as he goes to sleep I generally take a nap myself
3:45pm – Aaron is usually awake by now and rolling around making gurgling noises as he stares a
t the ceiling fan
4:00pm – I have a snack and Aaron enjoys another meal of warm vanilla milk
4:40pm – Aaron play: visit dogs, help in garage, read a story, jungle gym, watch mommy do
dishes while trying to catch and eat the hanging octopus on his bouncy chair
5:10pm – Aaron naps, dogs eat, mommy eats dinner and relaxes a bit
6:10pm – feeding
7:00pm – Aaron, one of the dogs, sometimes Alan and I, walk down to the mailbox and then around
the neighborhood
7:45pm – walk by fellow Doeskin residence and hear a little voice yell “can I pet your doggie?” of
course, so out runs a little tomboy, barefoot and dressed in a bikini, across the lawn to pet Hayley and tell us “I like your doggie.” No kidding – same words, same reaction, every night.
8:00pm – second to last feeding of the day
8:40pm – bath time, set bouncy seat on the ground in the hallway so Aaron can watch me ready
his bath, and I can watch him get really excited
9:10pm – Aaron takes a chest nap – usually on daddy, but every third night with me. Consists of

downtime in front of the boob tube, while Aaron sleeps on his daddy’s chest. This got started when
he was about two days old. Since we usually relax at that time of night, we’ve seen no reason to try to change things up. Alan enjoys it just as much, me thinks.
10:10pm – last feeding of the day

10:45pm – cuddle Aaron to sleep and place him in his bed, pick up the house a bit, prepare for the next morning and try to hit the sack by 11:15pm.

So, give or take a few activities, here and there, that is what we do. When Alan is home we sometimes change things up a bit or run errands or perhaps the play time consists of sitting in the netted bouncy seat on the floor of the garage in his own little world, as we continue working on projects.

And, as I am sure those of you with children know, everything mentioned above is give or take upwards of thirty minutes sometimes, it all depends on the barometric pressure, how the planets are currently aligned, and perhaps which side of the bed the little man wakes up on.

No comments: