Monday, April 14, 2008

Two feet tall

A lot has happened since I last wrote. On Thursday, April 10th Aaron had his two month well-baby check up. He did great and only got scared once, when the doctor looked in his nose with the light scope. Aaron measured 24 inches long (92 percentile) and 12 pounds, 6 ounces (75 percentile). The doctor deemed him in excellent health. We do not have to return again until Aaron is four months old.

Later that day we went to visit our friend Amy and her daughter Shiloh. Shiloh was born on the same day as Aaron, in the same hospital, across the hall from us - about an hour after Aaron. It was fun to hang out and talk about the things that we are experiencing, compare notes and let our babies roll around on the ground together. The starring when we sat Shiloh and Aaron next to each other was quite entertaining.


On Saturday we drove to Austin for a wedding. That was the longest car ride Aaron has been on. He was a trooper. Right toward the end of the car ride - and feeding time, he got a little grumpy, but who wouldn't after being strapped in that seat for so long? I somehow managed not to take a single picture at the wedding. It is a shame, Alan in a tuxedo, Aaron in his new, cute polo shirt outfit, and I managed to clean up the best I could... no proof. Hopefully we'll get a few pictures when the official wedding ones come out, so stay tuned for those. A comment about the wedding... It was so awesome to watch the group of big burly firefighters stand around and chat, holding their babies. Aaron spent most of the night on his daddy's chest looking around and smiling.

We spent the night and on Sunday morning we took our time getting ready. Or I should say Alan played and cuddled with Aaron while I cleaned up and packed the ridiculous amount of stuff required to travel with a two month old. Since it was our first trip, however short, I decided it was better to be comfortable with too much, than stressed with not enough. It turned out to be a success. Aaron slept like a baby (what does that mean anyway?!) in his travel bed - better than Alan and I slept, that's for sure.

After leaving the hotel, we went to visit our friends Robin and Patrick who have a beautiful new home in the Lakeway area. Here is a picture of Robin and Aaron.

It was a nice trip but we were wore out and ready to be back home. It was a whirlwind trip, almost all business, and little time for relaxation. But it was a blessing to be involved in the wedding of a friend and see and catch up with people that we haven't seen in a while.

No comments: