The other funny thing that Aaron does involves three 4x6 index cards that I covered with red, white, and black shapes (circles and stars mainly). I hung them on the underside of the shelf directly above his changing table. So every time we lay him down on the changing table he stares up at the shapes. He giggles and smiles the entire time we change his diaper now and his changing table has gone from a dreaded place of screaming bloody murder, to a happy place he likes to hang out and stargaze.My evolution into a homebody has been interesting. I just realized its extent while discussing this with my mother last night. I used to have no problem leaving for work at 7am and not returning home again until 9:30 at night. I could complete all of my housework in a single night and got cabin fever if I spent an entire day at home. Now it seems I would rather be home than most places. We have a routine going and a set up here that works. To escape the set in of cabin fever we go on walks or make a quick run into town (Boerne), but are back in time for the next feeding – which lessens the amount of stuff I have to take with us. I don’t mind leaving and going to do things – I am comfortable feeding him on the go now, but it is nice to get back home.
Here are a few nice pictures that Alan took last week.






1 comment:
Ashley, it was so great to have you back in BSF last night! I think we both seemed remarkably engaged for as distracted as we were by our babies at home!
Anyway, I'm just now catching up on your last few blog posts-- I can't believe how much Aaron has grown! He'll be Lily's size in no time :)
Since all was well with the boys last night I'm assuming you'll be back next week?
Love,
Elissa
Post a Comment