Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Month Celebration

Aaron is one month old now. He is growing quickly and has a veracious appetite. He likes to stare at lights, black and white things, and the skylights in our living room. He has just started socially smiling (outside of his gas-passing smiles) and has greatly increased his repertoire of facial expressions. His hair is getting longer and his fat rolls are getting bigger. He has already outgrown a couple of his newborn outfits and will very shortly outgrow his 1-2 stage diapers. He also already rolls from his back to his tummy… so we have to watch him a little more closely as he does not yet know his own strength.

Alan and I are doing well and have adjusted. I am now waking up before my alarm at 2:00 in the morning and it is getting easier for me to go back to sleep after feeding him in the middle of the night. I am excited about this warmer weather, knowing it will bring more opportunities to be outside and for outings.

Alan is very shortly going to do another round of pictures now that Aaron keeps his big blue eyes wide open for longer periods of time. So I will wait and post a few of those pictures when that happens.

Otherwise, things are going well. His great grandparents are coming to visit this week along with his Aunt Jenny, down from Dallas on Spring Break. He has not yet met his great grandparents and the last time Jenny saw him he was slimy and had a cone shaped head – so needless to say, he has changed a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Can you believe it's been a month already? It sounds like you guys are all doing great, and I hope we'll be able to meet him soon.