I had another appointment on Friday. I am "a good 3cm" dilated and maxed out, for now, on cervical effacement. The doctor jokingly said I could break my water late Sunday night and she could deliver me when she comes in Monday morning. She also said that Labor and Delivery is usually pretty quiet on Superbowl Sunday. Apparently she's got stories of people postponing getting to the hospital for a football game. Craziness.
My brother Matt leaves for Oxford, England today and will be gone through Feb. 17th. He had originally intended to come for the birth of our son, but has a new job and this training was out of his hands. With God's grace and timing, he can fly down to meet Aaron on the flip side. I assured Matt that Aaron would hopefully be a little less slimy and splotchy by then (good news for a single guy - still slightly "grossed-out" by the baby thing).
My next appointment if we make it that far, is Thursday, February 7th. There has been no talk of bringing it on early and we won't get to that point until the due date - which is not for another week and a half or so.
Next post will hopefully bring baby news!


