Friday, December 2, 2016

From Halloween to Thanksgiving...


I added our blog address to the Christmas cards I am about to send out, so I'm feeling a bit more pressure to get current. Luckily, that shouldn't take too much effort. 

We normally do not do much in the way of Halloween, but this year I decided to indulge the boys' dress up fun and go up to the fall festival that our church puts on each year. The weather was wonderful that night and there was a huge community turnout, which was nice to see. 
We had a little theme going.
She enjoyed watching her brothers. Monkey had to come along.
Adam.
Adam "fishing."
Aaron climbing a mountain.
Adam made it to the top.
Some miscellaneous photos from November...
Aaron learning Spanish.
He was quite proud of this puzzle ball creation.
I attended the ladies Christmas brunch at our church for the first time this year. Each table is decorated by the host in whatever fashion they desire. It was an interesting mix of ages and styles. I sat at my friend Elizabeth's table. They did such a good job decorating, I thought it worthy on chronicling... 


The boys and I went up to help load shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse: Operation Christmas Child. We have been watching every video they post online so it was cool to get a chance to help out and get the boys involved a little more this year...

We adopted an enormous bright green caterpillar, put him in an empty animal cracker box and that night after the boys went to bed it started making its cocoon! So I took a video and a few photos so they could see it in action. I'll spare you the slow motion build-video. The hair like stuff under the leaves is the start of it...
While Alan was away for a double shift, I started decorating the house for Christmas. I do love Christmas decorations, so I found no problem squeezing an extra week out of them. 

To grandma's house we go... for Thanksgiving that is. Since Autumn is not being a team player when it comes to sleeping in any bed other than her own right now... we did a long day trip to San Antonio. It was a nice day packed with hanging out, catching up, playing outside and a little bit of cooking and eating. 
The kids table
"Hmmm, my mama is holding another baby!" This will be an all too common thing in about a month when Baby Hope comes!
Often times when asked who her best friend is, Braelynn will say "Adam." One thing is for certain, they both know how to pose for a photo. Naturals. Naturally goofy that is.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: