Saturday, March 26, 2016

Autumn is Eight Months!!

Our baby girl is eight months old this week. I know I probably said this in the last monthly update, but she is really coming into her own and is so much fun. The boys now understand how time just melts away when playing with her - she is such a joy. 
This position was common with the boys. 
Let's see... a general update on our baby cakes... she has many, many names. Most of which are derivatives of the original nicknames. The boys come up with a new name to call her about every other day. Speaking of the boys, she loves to watch them. They may be the only people that can make her instantly smile and giggle. For me, watching the three of them interact is one of the greatest things, second only to watching her with her Daddy.  
They were having a serious conversation about his new Lego Star Wars speeder bike.
Eating - she still eats six meals a day and is very serious about keeping her curvy figure. She's also now dabbling in solid foods and enjoys pretty much anything I give her. I think her favorites so far are oatmeal cereal, mango, and sweet potatoes. She likes to sit at the table with us during meal time and go crazy, squealing and giggling. I think she knows that she's got our attention and runs with it. 
Watching Daddy make fishing tackle.
Sleeping - most days she requires a nap in between each meal. I've been trying to transition her to a couple longer naps, but she's insistent on her slightly shorter, more frequent nap schedule. Since we don't have too many places to go these days, we can cater to her for a while longer. When I looked back at my notes it turns out her and Adam had very similar eating and sleeping schedules. 
Huge smiles are the norm these days. 
Size - She weighs in at just over twenty-three pounds and might be the biggest eighth month old I've ever encountered. With only a few exceptions, she wears 24-month clothes. The topic of clothing is probably one of our more challenging areas with our big baby girl. She has a unique figure that does not fit into most of the trendy baby clothes these days. So we stick to sundresses and onesies and really stretchy pajamas at night. I will be sad when she outgrows 24 month onesies, as I've never seen onesies bigger than that and we'd have to start looking for shorts that would work. 
On that note, we moved on to a Size 5 diaper this week. Yep... our eight month old is wearing a size 5. She has very large legs and quite a belly, so I don't want to pull the diaper too tight and make her uncomfortable. The most logical thing to do was to bump it up. It's crazy. Before all of this is over we may be dipping into adult diapers :)

Talking - She says "dada" all of the time. Every now and then her timing is correct and it seems like she knows what she's saying - but the jury is still out on that one. Really it just depends on who you ask. Aaron is convinced that she yells "Aarra" when she's angry - which of course is his name. She makes lots of noises and squeals and giggles and giant sighs. Oh, and she growls too. 

This video is a good documentation of her latest happy noises....

No comments: