Saturday, March 21, 2015

Creatures...

We took all of the creatures (two and four legged varieties) to Tejas park a few days ago (3.15.15) for a little hiking training. This time we took the trail on the north side of the San Gabriel River, which proved a neater hike than I was anticipating...
My man and his little beast. At 5.5 months, she's still very much a work in progress. 
When I ask them to pose these days, Adam always posts up right in front of Aaron's head. Adam insisted on practicing with his new backpack.
"Mama, take our picture standing on this." Okay.
I'm usually the caboose, but this time I had a little more reason to be. The baby girl and I kept it steady, tried to keep up and secured the rear. Adam kept me company every now and then, but would get bored and take off.
I insisted we document me in all the preggers glory... I'm just a few days shy of five months pregnant here. So, look close, in addition to the basketball I've got under my shirt, Aaron is being a super goob, the dog is licking her nose in a funny fashion and then there's Adam - our normally gooby little man, looking laughably thick necked and tough. It's a funny picture, one I hope to repeat in a while with a baby bacpack on, taller boys, and a bigger dog... and maybe some leaves on the trees.
Aspen does good walking with the boys, as long as the keep a good pace. The weather looks questionable, but it was perfect... cool enough not to sweat, a breeze, and clouds to shield from sunburn. Perfect hiking weather.
Somewhere along the way back (this time on the south side of the river) we took a different route and Adam and I hit a slight wall and the gap between us and the guys got bigger. Since we were already behind, I thought it a good time to take a picture together.

A few of random ones...
During the read-aloud portion of lessons Adam sometimes decides to take a "more comfortable" position.
A lamp I painted and accessorized for the nursery.
Little Hookie was under the weather for a day or so and required quarantine.
And then this one decided to gorge herself on freshly cut rye grass until she made herself sick. (see the foam around her mouth).
Matching (stretched out) wife-beaters! Awesome.
Another read-aloud position.

No comments: