Tuesday, February 24, 2015

December, Part One

I'm truly sorry for making you suffer through many more baby Aspen pictures and videos. I do hope you will survive. She is just the third cutest creature I've ever seen and we could not get enough of her.
The big guy sure does like to snuggle with her. He called this her swaddle.
This was borderline torture somehow. Though she never fought it.
She loves playing with the boys. It was difficult to get anything done - all they wanted to do was play with her.
Videos show off her cuteness and give a little perspective to how small she is...

On December 7th the boys and I, along with our friends the Meachams, went to see "Shrek the Musical" at the Palace Theater in Georgetown...
And more Aspen... this one catches her attitude, which was present from the get-go...
The first few weeks we showed her size by having someone hold her in this position. Look at that cute pink belly.
She instantly falls asleep when he puts her in the position.
Adam making ornaments for us to hand out to some of our friends and family.

On December 9th, we took a day trip to the Fredericksburg area, stopping first at Enchanted Rock. Aaron has been here a few times when he was still in the baby backpack and I think Adam came once, but he was still in the belly. So they were excited to climb the rock for the first time. 
My boys.
Aaron loves to run up ahead. Okay, so I might have been lagging behind a bit, sometimes it's on purpose to take a photo, but this time I had other reasons for being short of breath (stay tuned for future blog post).
They never slowed down once. Even back when I was in great shape, I still had to take rests. This rock doesn't play around. We were happy they were so into it. And no one fell either!
Quick Mama break. One must take in the scenery and the oxygen.
The boys climbed around at the mouth of the cave area.
Surreal moment of my cup-overflowing.
Not bad for a family photo.
On Saturday, December 13 the boys and I had a date for the ballet! I was quite surprised and excited that they were willing to go to the Nutcracker again this year. A bunch from our homeschool group and the Meachams joined us at the Long Center for the afternoon show. It was beautiful weather so the boys ran around on the lawn before we went in...
A photo attempt in bad lighting. Does the job.
In case you are missing Aspen by now.
Alan wanted to start an outdoor fire and asked the boys to run around the backyard and pick up a few sticks. Aaron did just that, brought a few sticks. After being gone for a couple of minutes, Adam comes around the corner dragging this huge pile. He was quite pleased with himself.

No comments: