Friday, August 9, 2013

Hot time, summer in the city...

In my effort to catch up before we leave for our trip in a few days, I've got a couple of big hodge-podge posts to cover the month of July. 

Alan decided it was time to expand the backyard by bringing out the fence line to the edge of the house. The first step was pole holes, courtesy of this hole-digging man and his machine...
Alan had a tiny bit of help (me or an errand running Aaron) on and off, but it never ceases to amaze me what he does completely on his own.
I don't think we can call this helping. He does provide a healthy dose of comic relief.
She was a little bit confused on her boundaries for a while.
One of their many ways of entertaining themselves while we worked. I think they were "fishing."
Alan took this photo on his way to work one morning after a storm came through.
A little bit of Jeep work complete with assistant...
No doubt having a deep conversation about radiator fans.

Adam working on his soccer kicks.
Alan worked several days in a row in the middle part of July so the boys and I took a quick trip to San Antonio. Not long after we arrived, Grandpa and Aaron got to work on a few projects...
Safety first.
And we had to take advantage of their wonderful pool while we were there, so we spent all of one afternoon in the pool.
The "kiddie pool."
Which meant the little man got tired and cranky from playing and the sun.
Pretty cute, right? (At the Shops at La Cantera)
We (all three of us, and even Aunt Jenny at one point) had a Lego fest in their living room.
I took this picture one night after shower time. They were dancing, I was cracking up.
Out of the blue one afternoon (7.22.13), Alan said it was time that we needed to build a zip line in the backyard and I didn't really know what he had in mind. But he strung rope from one end of the yard to the other and used a pulley and their toddler swing and voila... a zip line.
The boys loved it! They took turns riding over and over again until it was time to call it a night. Here's a few video clips with their happy reactions... 

No comments: