Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Paint the town Red!

Okay, so I'm a month behind again.... better late than never. On April 27 we went to the Red Poppy Festival in our own town square. The parade was no where near as long or extensive as last year's, in fact it was almost disappointingly brief. Alan liked it though (I still haven't convinced him of how wonderful parades are).
Aaron checking out the poppies next to where we parked.
My festival companions for the day.
Let's have a parade!
Got to love these ladies from Sun City.
Real. Big. Dog.
There was a lot of involvement from the (Southwestern) University this year - which I thought was pretty neat. These  guys are riding Pirate bikes. The new football team was in the parade too.
So that's all I've got for the parade. No classic cars, no horses, and most importantly no fire trucks! Maybe we'll have better luck on the Fourth. Here's a quick video of the parade...

Then we headed for the square. The classic cars were in the process of parking for the car show, so we killed some time until they finished...
This little guy used to be outside the library and the boys always loved to visit him, so now every time we walk through the square they need to see Mr. Turtle.
 Car show...

No comments: