Monday, May 21, 2012

Some random things...

Adam's pronunciation is really quite clear, except for the "s" sound. He can say it by itself, but in a word it is usually silent, or a slight "h" sound. So he may call you a "illy goo," or in the car he'll point and shout "a hool bu." After he does something amazing he'll turn to the nearest warm body and say, "You hee that?" Or if he is in a compromising position (usually self initiated for attention) he'll yell (because he does nothing quietly), "I huck." Other frequently used words: hower, chee, hake (shake), ink, nackeepy time, etc... it is his own language. 


Adam yells at Aaron now and we find it quite entertaining to hear, "Aaron, no!" in this loud, scratchy, deep [for a toddler] whinny voice. 


Aaron loves to tell us how he does things. Example... He just walked in to the office and gave me an empty container and said, in his best condescending tone, "I've prepared for you some ice water. How I did it was I filled it with water and put it in the fridge for a long time." I think it is a mix between watching the occasional cooking show and all of the instructional lessons from me and Alan. And it never fails, it is always a ridiculously simple task. 


Aaron calls his bug bites "dots."


Adam usually calls firetrucks "woo woos," but has started throwing in a "firetruck" every now and then. I guess he's graduating.


We didn't really think anyone could be more dramatic than Aaron was when he was younger, but Adam is, in a really loud, brute sort of a way. Example, when changing his diaper and wiping him, he'll yell (and by that I mean you wish you had extra hands to shield your ears) "you hurt me!" Or if something goes wrong, even just a little, he immediately looks to me and cry/whines, southern accent and all, "I need a hug." Speaking of southern accent, the other funny phrase is "I need help," which usually sounds more like, "I need hell-ul-p," drawn out for added emphasis.


Aaron calls bras, "boobie covers," and nail clippers, "finger cutters." And he hums while doing just about everything. 


Adam has his own rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star that has more of a Now I know my ABC's vibe to it... I finally caught it on video...
While waiting for Aaron to finish dinner one night, I chased Adam around with the camera.
Dancing and singing.
Realizing he's been caught trying to open the cabinet.
Goober smile.
The front door is one of his "home bases." No one can get him there... or so he thinks.
One of those "I'm huck" moments. He likes to shove himself between the windows and the couch and pretend like he needs help to get out.
Adam likes to point out the things that he has seen Alan install throughout the house, such as smoke detectors, the weather station, lights in the bathroom, by saying, "Daddy made that."


And in the morning, while changing his diaper, Adam will ask me to see Daddy. If I say he is at work, Adam replies with "Daddy a fireman. Daddy drive woowoo." It is quite precious.


Aaron doesn't sit still for pictures much right now, so I have to take what I can get...
Sometimes Adam lies in his bed at night, in the pitch black, and sings, for an hour or so. 


When we are out at a store and Adam hears a baby crying he says, "I need hee baby." And he will keep asking until we find it.


I can't remember which one of the major crises this was about, but it was likely followed with Adam requesting a hug. 
Aaron can build a sixty piece puzzle in about eight minutes. I think he probably has a photographic memory. If you happen to walk by while he is working on it he'll say, "Yeah, I'm pretty good at puzzles."  Four years old and already full of himself.


We find toys all over the house in strange places. Matchbox car in my bathroom drawer, or stuck under the sheets on our bed; suction cup toy on the top of the toilet seat, then the seat is placed in the up position, so it is a surprise. I find small toys in the toes of my shoes on a regular basis and I have to carefully sift through dirty laundry so toys that were "sleeping" in the hamper, don't take a swim in the washer. 


When we tuck him in at night, Adam lays on his back and says "I need cover up." So then we pull the blanket up to his shoulders or so and he'll say, "I need Jeesah," which is one of the few things he says that has an "s" sound and is Adam-speak for "I need you to sing Jesus Loves Me and rub my back." If we are lucky, it will work on the first try, otherwise we may have to repeat steps one and two a couple of times. Every now and then he'll change it up and say, "I need Jingle Bell," and when you get to the "Hey!" part, he yells it out. 

No comments: