Friday, June 17, 2011

Georgetown's Splash Pool

I am so blessed that a friend of mine, Lisa, from school lives only five minutes away from us in Georgetown. Even more blessed that she has two little ones. Lisa and her two kids, Jackson and Addison met us at the Splash Pool at our Rec. Center in Georgetown. It is a snazzy little pool with a bunch of water features designed for a younger crowd. Thankfully there are some deeper sections (4ft.) so I was finally able to fulfill my water time... with baby Adam in tow, of course.

I botched most of the photos either because it was impossible to slow Aaron down long enough for a shot, or the sun was too intense and I didn't have the correct setting on my camera. So I borrowed this photo from the website to give you a more accurate idea of the setting.
We were there at 10am when it opened. Three and under are free! So, for a very small fee, we got a couple of hours of water-play time with friends... 

Take note of the orange "water gun" in the center mid-ground. Was the source of much irritation when a bored hyperactive, attention-starved young man arrived later on. 
You may not be able to tell, but Aaron is so excited, has his mouth open and is doing a happy dance .
Water sports are so tiring. Baby Adam's version of water sports: being toted around on my shoulder occasionally squealing if his head gets too wet. He took about a fifteen minute nap in my lap while Lisa and I chatted and Daddy played with the younglings in the pool.



Good times. We'll be headed back soon.

No comments: