Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby boy goober

Adam has begun to express himself, verbally. When he was around three days old he mastered the art of voicing his displeasure with certain situations, positions, or imposed schedules (i.e. night and day), but he has decided that there are other ways to get attention, like giggling and smiling. He has large puffy cheeks that enhance his smiles, not to mention eyes that basically smile all on their own. He responds to tickling (we're not talking torture here, just light tickling) like a two year old, full out giggling. He smiles when any of us walk in the room. He has almost gained full control of his neck and tries to sit up most of the time. He loves to eat and gain weight. Once again, my cow-like characteristics are aiding in our raising and molding professional athletes.

He wears size 3 diapers and sometimes they are tight. He is in clothing designed for a nine-month old, and is getting close to outgrowing his bassinet, which happens to be one of the largest of its kind. His two favorite toys are Blue Bear, in the car, and his "taggy" blanket, in the house. Speaking of cars, he is a great passenger, so long as we never come to a stop for longer than three seconds, or he'll express that displeasure I previously mentioned. This also means he doesn't like to sit in the car seat if it is not moving.

He has recently discovered the television and finds it fascinating. He is also mesmerized by his Daddy... Alan will hold him face to face and he stares intently with huge smiles and barely blinks. He is not too fond of the jogging stroller, which he will soon be forced to overcome, and is easily startled for a man of his size and stature.

I generally feed Adam around 8:30p and then we play for about forty-five minutes. Since he was new, he has basically refused to go to sleep after that 8:30p meal, so he stays up. And since Aaron is already sleeping, there is a need for silence, so we stay in the bedroom. He lays on the bed, being a goober and hanging out with us. Then I feed him again around 10pm and he goes to sleep (for about 8 hours!). The other night while Alan was on shift, I recorded one of our nightly play times. The gurgling noises are him being a goober. He was a tad shy for the camera so I only caught a couple of giggles. This was taken a week ago and he has already begun to giggle louder and more often, so I guess I'll have to document again soon. Anyway, the video is two and a half minutes long, but since our blog lacks sufficient Adam coverage, I wanted to try to give you an accurate, current idea of just how big, cute, and wonderful he is.

No comments: