Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve started the same way it has for the past few years, breakfast at our house. I sold out and the last two years breakfast has been catered (so to speak) by one of our favorite Boerne bakeries. Making a big breakfast just isn't what I have in mind right now, considering there is a toddler to ready and chase about and standing in one place for too long is not enjoyable. Then there is the inevitability of splashing hot bacon grease on my big ol' belly and that would get Christmas off to a grumpy start. So, bring on the donuts and kolaches!

Daddy and Aaron waiting for our company to arrive.

The Kohl children, photogenic as usual...
Aaron was our morning entertainment.
Mom and Jenny... notice their heads are even cocked at the same angle.
Aaron showing Uncle Matt his new tractor.
Room full of people? Then it must be the perfect time to haul out the Lego truck and spread them around the living room! I guess it probably provided a little distraction for the boys to do something constructive as the conversation dwindled and post-breakfast fatigue set in.
Fast forward a few hours, post nap and a bit of primping, we met my family at my parents to go to church and have dinner. Here is Aaron and I all dressed up (okay, so I was left with little choice, as my jeans are the only remaining pants that fit). Aaron had his usual glazed over camera face...

Post church and dinner, my mom debuted Aaron's new cooking accessory, which reads "Grandma's Helper." He tolerated it well and it was adorable. It will be a little while longer before he will be of much help though. He likes to stir things, almost as much as he likes to flick the contents of the bowl across the kitchen floor, then giggle in sheer delight. Notice I shed my sweater (Matt's chili was a bit spicy!) and am now wearing one of the largest t-shirts my father owned... and it was a little snug around the mid-section.

1 comment:

Amy Jo:) said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! You are looking so good Ashley! We need to talk soon so I can hear updates on the new baby in your belly:)