Baby boy number two is starting to gain his identity around here. We have begun the process of creating a room for him. The room that is being transformed is currently Aaron's playroom and where I store the majority of my clothing, both of which will be difficult to move on from. It had mauve colored wallpaper that was in decent shape, so I decided to prime over it and then paint. I tried to show the process, for my own records and those interested, via a video and few pictures, however it is quite difficult because the room is small and my camera cannot do it justice, so you have to use your imagination a bit...
Spackle and tape...
Since I left a few furniture pieces in the center of the room, Aaron took advantage of the circling possibilities while he could. He loves to do anything in circles.
Then I laid the paper (cheap drop cloth) down and he was banished and not too happy about his new status, outside of the gate.
My mother likes to paint. I don't really understand it too well but I do take advantage of her willingness and painting skills. She would probably want me to mention that she is in her "grubbies," and shown here, hard at work :)
Almost finished (with the first coat)... 
The color is called "Corn Husk Green," and although I originally thought it to be too yellow, after a couple of coats, it looks pretty nice. I chose green because Aaron's room is primarily blue and it would be a nice change, and distinctive difference between the two. The plan is to do some horizontal striping design about three quarters up the wall. I will have more photos when we finish that phase.
No comments:
Post a Comment