Sunday, June 7, 2009

Forced downtime

I have been under the weather for about a week now so we have barely left the house, but here is what we have been up to...

Last Sunday Aaron and I went over to my parent's to relax and play in the pool....


Aaron at his usual post, speed reading...
My parent's dog, Maggie, spent a few days with us this week while they went out of town. Aaron enjoyed having a little dog in the house to chase around. Every thirty seconds or so he would point at her and loudly announce "Daw-g!" and then giggle. In the first few hours that she was here Maggie was not too excited about been constantly followed and touched. Once she realized he was playing and not out to squish her with his trike, she started to play too. He just wanted to touch her nose and share his books...

On Friday I mustered up the energy to go on a small adventure with my boys. Alan has been researching spots on the Guadalupe where he can practice fly fishing, so we set out to find a place. Aaron and I watched from the side of the river and ate goldfish crackers.



Daddy caught a couple of monsters and let Aaron touch one of them. If you squint and turn your head sideways, you may be able to see the fish between Aaron and Alan's hands.

No comments: