Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not for the weak-stomach

It was a dreary and wet day today so when Aaron went down for his nap I decided to cuddle up and watch the remainder of Ocean's 11, which I had started earlier. Aaron only slept for thirty minutes, about an hour and a half less than usual, so I retrieved him and let him play in his playpen in the living room while I watched the remaining twenty minutes or so. He was giggly and very happy, making loud squealing noises that led me to believe that he was doing great and his power nap had, for the moment, served him well.

Right as my movie was ending, Alan got home and walked up to Aaron's playpen to say hello. It is here where my memory gets a little hazy. He nonchalantly said something like "What is that smell?" followed by "Ashley! There's crap all over the place." I shot up from my resting position and ran over to find Aaron had stealthily pooped through his onesie and basketball shorts and made deposits all over his playpen, leaving only a select few toys untouched.

I readied the bathtub and carefully transported him without touching anything along the way. After a hose down and fresh clothes, he played with Daddy while I got the honor of meticulously decontaminating his toys, the mattress insert, and entire playpen structure. By the end of it I was laid out under the ceiling fan attempting to regain homeostasis, hoping we won't have to repeat that process too frequently.

After all of that, you probably need a light-hearted video of our little poop-monster. This one shows a typical morning wake-up routine. After about ten minutes of playing and giggling (heard through the monitor) we go in and find him bouncing around, making monkey noises. It also shows his new pointing skills and his highly refined waving abilities.


1 comment:

Amy Z said...

Oh Aaron, you made my morning! So, so sorry for your mommy though. Why is it the daddies get the good part of the clean up job?? :) Your stealthy skills amaze me and I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on Tatum in case she develops some similar ones!

I'm happy to see you healthy and happy bouncing like a little jumping bean in your crib. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!

PS- Tell your momma we need to meet for lunch or dinner! :0) You need to meet your friend Tatum June!